Freaks brainstorm innovative products, do breakthrough research, and view problems differently than most people. How? They embrace the offbeat and the unexpected because that’s just who they are. In fact, everyone can tap into a freak mindset — and a lot of amazing outcomes can develop as a result.
Here are some ideas to awaken your inner freak:
• Don’t be afraid of being considered “weird.”
• Learn new things obsessively.
• Challenge your assumptions and beliefs constantly through travel and new experiences.
• Awaken your senses by looking critically at your own assumptions about the world.
• Identify the “norm,” and embrace the cacophony of life beyond and around it.
With the rise of the Internet, growing competition from other markets, and increasing pressure to work faster, quicker, and cheaper, the appeal of breaking into new markets is high. Foreign markets seem like an obvious answer if going global is perceived to be as simple as finding foreign vendors and hopping on an airplane, passport in hand.
How Do You Get Middle Management To Be Optimistic About Executing The Business Strategy?
Include them in its creation!
Surely, there’s no table big enough for everyone in the organization to have a seat at it, but you can:
1. Listen to middle managers ideas, concerns and questions
2. Communicate the strategy with them on an ongoing basis
Middle managers aren’t minions to do executives’ bidding. They serve a vital function of accomplishing the vision. Based on my experience with clients, middle-managers have the on-the-ground view that’s often missing from the C-Suite.
If they’re not optimistic – and you have the right people in place – , it could be for two reasons:
1. They don’t get it yet, or
2. Executive management doesn’t get that the organization isn’t ready to deliver
Michelle discusses the current challenges that the leaders in Silicon Valley face. She explains current tactics that these companies are using within their organization to attract and retain good people. She shares five keys to finding and retaining great employees which you can listen to in related podcasts.
Receive my Provoking Thought and Amplifying Action eBook plus my monthly newsletter for FREE. Enter your first name and email address below for this special offer.